What is a Student Loan Law Professional?
The Student Loan Law Workshop Seal means that at least one person at the company has attended the Student Loan Law Workshop and has learned advanced material that is crucial to your receipt of proper assistance with student loans.
Student Loan Law is not a topic specifically taught at law schools so for an attorney to know and understand student loan law and to be able to apply it correctly, they need to have taken this workshop led by the nation’s leading and first Student Loan Lawyer – Joshua RI Cohen, “The Student Loan Lawyer”. Graduates of this workshop have learned how to:
- Properly audit federal student loan historical information for red flags
- Identify repayment options that you can qualify for
- Assess forgiveness programs based upon your career
- Recognize circumstances in which you are eligible for partial or complete forgiveness
- Help lower monthly payments
- Measure different options based on your current status and future goals
- Handle student loans into bankruptcy without you losing benefits or qualifications for special programs
- Determine if your loan can be discharged in a bankruptcy
- Accurately evaluate and implement federal loan consolidation strategies
- Move your loan out of default and into an affordable payment plan
- Recognize the organizations in the federal loan ecosystem, which companies are responsible for what services and when they are overstepping their authority
- Identify when a credit violation has occurred by these companies
- Defend you from lawsuits by federal or private student loan lenders
It is important that you use a graduate when addressing your student loans because there is a tremendous amount of fine print in the Department of Education’s Higher Education Act that can subtly and considerably disrupt your plans. Improper application of options can result in escalating loan amounts, increased payments, loan defaults and more severe consequences such as wage garnishment or loss of federal benefits. Contact a Student Loan Law Professional today!